Are you ready to become a DevOps guru?
** This new version is under construction, but you can get an idea about the course from the last year’s edition: https://plus.tuni.fi/tie-23536/autumn-2019/
This is one of the very last courses in the Web and Cloud master program, so the students are expected to know quite a lot. In particular, the students should have passed the course Web Architectures. In terms of skills, the students should
- Understand basics of operating systems, and have sufficient mastering of Linux command line.
- Know basics of cloud and virtualization.
- Know use of git
- Basics of TCP/IP, e.g. what is “NAT”.
Content of the course¶
Lectures to explain the background and theory. Due to COVID-19 virus the lectures will start in zoom and we will seek ways to add interactivity these event. The lectures are in Tuesdays from 1215 to 1400 in Zoom: Kari Systä is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
We will also have on-line exercises that need to be complete and a challenging project in which the students create their own deployment pipeline.
To support exercises and project we have weekly “kooditorio”-sessions Tuesday 1400-1530, starting from 8th September.
Exam to check the theoretical knowledge.
In this course you will learn background, motivation, theory and practice about
- DevOps - how and why developers and operations should collaborate and sometimes they are even combined.
- Continuous Deployment - automated pipelines
- Cloud-native architectures - how applications should be architected for cloud